When Conair comes out with an whole new collection of heat styling tools, beauty editors take notice. When they partner with John Frieda to produce a first-ever line of styling tools, we really take notice!
Recently, editors gathered to check out the John Frieda Styling Tools. We got a chance not just to see them, but to try them. There were two curling irons, a flat iron, and a hair dryer. The tools feature exclusive, innovative frizz-fighting ions and true ceramic heat with LCD temperature controls (easy to read) and an auto-shut-off for safety. Since it was during the hottest, most humid part of the Summer, I asked for the flat iron.
Yes, frizz is my foe. Would the John Frieda® Sleek Finish 1” Straightener ($49.99) flatten more than a day’s worth of frizz? Well, it certainly looked silvery and sleek, more like a Jedi light sword than a flat iron with smooth, rounded edges, and a blue strip of LED light down the front. But this “weapon” will vanquish frizz and kinks as fast as Star Wars warriors defeat their enemies! It has Advanced Ionic Conditioning, with high heat up to 455°F/235°C, heating up nearly instantly (well, in 15 seconds). The plates are ceramic, and there are a whopping 11 professional digital settings. Rounded edges and extra long plates make it a multi-tasker that lets you wave your hair as well as straighten it. The advanced Ionic technology means it has up to 50% more ions,to really quickly and effectively smooth frizz. This high tech heat styler also has a nice, swivel cord, and an included heat mat.
as you can see, the frizz is gone and in it’s place is smooth, shiny, sleek hair! Now that’s, amazing! The design and the performance of this flat iron is exceptional, especially for the price! In fact, all the products are under $50.00
* I didn’t personally try the other tools in the John Frieda® collection, but they include:
• JF1 John Frieda® Full Volume Dryer ($49.99): This durable, lightweight dryer features 1875 watts of power, three heat and two speed settings as well as two snap-on concentrators for custom targeted airflow. Made with Advanced Ionic Technology and Titanium Ceramic Coating, the Full Volume Dryer defends hair from heat damage and infuses hair with volume bounce and shine as it dries.
• JFC8 John Frieda® Tight Curls 1” Curling Iron ($29.99): 30 second heat makes fashion-forward curls quick and easy to achieve. Featuring Advanced Ionic Conditioning and True Ceramic Technology, this premium curling iron offers 11 digital heat settings offering high heat up to 400°F/205°C for professional results. Simply select your temperature of choice and create shiny, frizz-free curls that last all day.
• JFC9 John Frieda® Loose Curls 1 1/4” Curling Iron ($29.99): Get healthy, voluminous curls in an instant with 30 second heat-up and 11 digital heat settings with temperatures reaching 400°F/205°C. The large Ceramic Titanium coated barrel features Advanced Ionic Conditioning for smooth, healthy waves and long-lasting lift.
• JFC10 John Frieda® Volume Curls 1 1/2” Curling Iron ($32.99): This curling iron is engineered with Titanium Ceramic Technology and Advanced Ionic Conditioning to seal in moisture and reduce frizz. With 11 digital heat settings offering high heat up to 400°F/205°C, it’s easy to select a safe heat level for your hair type. Designed for quick, easy styling, the Volume Curls curling iron banishes dull, heat damaged locks and ushers in soft, gorgeous hair.
*pair these high-tech (but affordable) hair styling tools with John Frieda styling products, including the beloved, John Frieda Frizz Ease serums, and a new range of styling brushes (also sleek and silver) ranging from a great Paddel Brush (to go with the sleek finish flat iron) to round, volume and de-tangling styles. Get all at popular retailers like Ulta, CVS, Best Buy and Meijer